2016 Auto Expo: Mahindra reveals 2016 Moto3 bike, Formula E car
Mahindra strengthened its commitment to motorsport with the unveiling of both of its 2016 race machines at the 2016 Auto Expo. For its third season in the all-electric championship, Mahindra has given the Formula E racecar a new electric drivetrain as well as an updated aerodynamics package.
Also making its global debut at the 2016 Auto Expo was the MGP3O race bike. The motorcycle will be Mahindra's contender in the 2016 Moto3 championship.
What's interesting about the MGP3O is that it is the first all-new product that has emerged from Mahindra Racing's new development centre in Varese, Italy. So this isn't simply a race bike with a Mahindra sticker slapped on - the Indian firm has actually been actively involved in its development.
Mahindra claims improvements in almost all areas with a focus on power delivery, acceleration, top speed and handling. Both the engine and gearbox are new while the bike gets a new double exhaust system designed by Arrow.
This year, there will be ten Mahindra bikes on the grid. The factory entry, Team Aspar will continue with Pecco Bagnaia (age 19, ITA) and Jorge Martin (age 18, SPA). Three Mahindra customer teams, Team CIP, Outox Reset Drink Team and MTA Team Italia will be running two rider outfits, adding another six bikes to the grid. The final two bikes will come from the brand new Peugeot Motorcycles factory team, SP Racing who will field Frenchman Alexis Masbou ( age 28) and 21 year old Brit, John McPhee.
For more stories from the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani