2016 Auto Expo: Mahindra showcases Ssangyong Tivoli
Mahindra has taken the wraps of the Ssangyong Tivoli compact SUV at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Tivoli has helped the Korean brand establish itself in other markets, by bringing in a lot of sales after its launch in January, 2015. With the Tivoli, the company aims to target a younger audience who are looking to buy their first SUV. 40 per cent of the Tivoli's body is made of AHSS (advanced high strength steel), which minimises impact on collision for better passenger safety.
Internationally, the Tivoli gets seven airbags, along with a dual-zone climate control system and a touchscreen system. Although we might not see all the equipment on the international product, we can expect most of them considering to make it to the India-spec Tivoli considering the high benchmarks that competitors like the Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross of have set.
The Tivoli is offered internationally with a choice of two engines. The 1.6-litre petrol delivers 128PS and 160Nm of torque while the diesel puts out 115PS and 300Nm. Both these engines can be optioned with either a 6-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission. However, there has been no mention on whether both engines will make to India when the Tivoli is launched this year.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.39 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed
- FeaturesProduct review: BOSCH GDS 18V-EC 250 impact wrench
- NewsAuto China 2020: Honda SUV e:concept previews China-focused EV
- NewsHonda's Royal Enfield rival to be launched in India tomorrow, to rebel against Meteor 350?
- NewsWhat the revisions in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules mean for you