2016 Auto Expo: Mahindra showcases Ssangyong Tivoli
Mahindra has taken the wraps of the Ssangyong Tivoli compact SUV at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Tivoli has helped the Korean brand establish itself in other markets, by bringing in a lot of sales after its launch in January, 2015. With the Tivoli, the company aims to target a younger audience who are looking to buy their first SUV. 40 per cent of the Tivoli's body is made of AHSS (advanced high strength steel), which minimises impact on collision for better passenger safety.
Internationally, the Tivoli gets seven airbags, along with a dual-zone climate control system and a touchscreen system. Although we might not see all the equipment on the international product, we can expect most of them considering to make it to the India-spec Tivoli considering the high benchmarks that competitors like the Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross of have set.
The Tivoli is offered internationally with a choice of two engines. The 1.6-litre petrol delivers 128PS and 160Nm of torque while the diesel puts out 115PS and 300Nm. Both these engines can be optioned with either a 6-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission. However, there has been no mention on whether both engines will make to India when the Tivoli is launched this year.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.85 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?