2016 Auto Expo: Mahindra to showcase XUV Aero concept, SsangYong Tivoli and Reva e20 Sports
Mahindra has announced that its stall at the Auto Expo 2016 will showcase the Mahindra XUV Aero coupe-crossover concept, SsangYong Tivoli, Mahindra Reva Halo electric sportscar and their range of commercial vehicles.
The Mahindra XUV Aero is a coupe-crossover concept which is based on the XUV500 SUV and could reach production stage in the future. Mahindra has revealed a design sketch of the concept which will preview new infotainment and connectivity features that will be offered on future production models.
SsangYong launched the Tivoli in global markets in January 2015. It is a compact SUV which has been designed to target a younger audience. The overall styling shares a few similarities with the X100 concept that was shown at the 2014 Paris Motor Show.
In global markets, the Tivoli is offered with a 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 128PS and 160Nm of torque. The diesel engine generates 115PS and 300Nm of torque. It also offers the choice of a six-speed automatic and a six-speed manual transmissions.
The international models come equipped with features like a touchscreen infotainment system, flat-bottomed steering wheel and dual-zone climate control. A completely camouflaged SsangYong Tivoli was caught testing in India recently. If Mahindra launches it here, it will rival the Hyundai Creta, Ford EcoSport, Maruti S-Cross and the Renault Duster.
Also on display will be the Mahindra Reva e20 Sports. This could be an all-new electric sportscar based on the sharp looking Mahindra Reva Halo electric sportscar that was shown at the last expo. The Mahindra Reva Halo two-seater electric claims to cover around 200km when charged fully and reach a top speed of 160kmph. It can complete a 0-100kmph run in under eight seconds and features modern battery technology.
Additionally, Mahindra's exhibit at the Auto Expo 2016 will also display the company's range of commercial vehicles.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3