2016 Auto Expo: Mahindra XUV Aero concept unveiled
Mahindra has just showcased its first show car ever from its Design Studio, the XUV Aero. This is a concept, which is based on the XUV500, designed by Pininfarina and gets a coupe-like tail end similar to the BMW X6 and Mercedes-Benz GLE. It carries the same muscular shoulder lines seen in in XUV500 all around the car and neat LED DRLs, headlamps and tail lamps. Open the suicide doors and you'll step into a brown and black dual tone interior with sporty, body hugging seats. There's also an Apple iPad that serves as the infotainment screen mounted to the centre console. The instrument console is fully digital, while the temperature readouts are in the AC vents. The rear seats, which are individual, also get individual Apple iPads. The interior also offers decent headroom despite its coupe-like design.
Powering this car is a 2.2-litre mHawk based engine that can handle upto 210PS and 470Nm of torque. The company claims that the this car will hit the ton in under six seconds. Mahindra has also given the XUV Aero four driving modes - Sport, Race, Street and offroad. To get all that power on the road efficiently the Mahindra XUV Aero uses 265/40 section tyres that wrap a gorgeous set of 20-inch wheels.
With the coupe-like design gaining quite a bit of popularity in the market, it's nice to see an Indian manufacturer develop a vehicle like this. Although this is just concept, Anand Mahindra seemed more than happy to get this on the road if he got a good response from customers. We will be quite happy to see that happen too.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 1.26 Crore
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10