2016 Auto Expo: Maruti Suzuki to showcase Ignis, Baleno RS and Vitara Brezza
Maruti Suzuki as usual, will be opening the Auto Expo 2016 and like every year, India's biggest exporter of cars will have its show stoppers. This time around though there is confirmation that more than one car will be Maruti's trump card.
A couple of days ago, Maruti announced that the Vitara Brezza will be unveiled at the Auto Expo 2016. The Maruti Vitara Brezza is the company's take on the booming under Rs 10 lakh SUV segment in India. A segment which is currently dominated by the Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV300. The Maruti Vitara Brezza looks a copy of its bigger brother, the new Vitara and is expected to have interiors similar to that of the current Maruti premium offerings like the Ciaz and S-Cross. There will be a choice of two familiar engines from the Maruti Ertiga, a 90PS SHVS diesel and a 94PS petrol.
Maruti will also showcase the Ignis, a compact SUV which will rival the recently launched Mahindra KUV100. These newer crop of pseudo-SUVs will take on the highly popular compact hatchbacks like the Hyundai Grand i10 as well as sedans like the Honda Amaze. The Maruti Ignis is expected to come with a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine. It is expected that there will be automatic as well as manual transmissions on offer.
Apart from this, there will also be the Maruti Baleno RS Concept. The Baleno RS, much like Maruti's Ciaz RS, is a cosmetic variant of the popular hatchback and will have bigger alloy wheels, a diffuser as well as side skirts. There however will be an increase in power with the Concept using an all-new 1.0-litre direct injection Boosterjet petrol motor. Another cosmetic variant that will be showcased at the expo will be the S-Cross limited edition model. It will take inspiration from the limited edition which went on sale, however, this time around the model will come with factory fitted kit.
Image of the regular Baleno used for reference
Maruti will also have its bevy of decked up variants of its existing product portfolio.
For more stories from the upcoming Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show