2016 Auto Expo: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza unveiled
At the Auto Expo 2016, Maruti Suzuki have unveiled the new Vitara Brezza compact SUV. The front fascia gets a bold chrome grille and signature 'Bull Horn' lights with unique turn indicators in the front bumper. The Maruti Vitara Brezza gets square wheel arches with short overhangs and the upright hood along with a 198mm ground clearance that gives it an imposing stance. At the rear, it gets a rising belt and rocker lines and a sloping roofline.
In terms of features, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV comes equipped with cockpit style instrument cluster with mood lights and a SMARTPLAY infotainment system. All trims will come equipped with driver airbag as standard. The front passenger airbag along with ABS and EBD will be offered as an option from the base variant.
Maruti's new compact SUV also offers buyers the option of getting their vehicle customized directly by the showroom. Maruti Vitara Brezza will be offering theme based options- Glamour, Urban and Sporty. It will also get a dual colour scheme with floating roof feel that imparts a distinct identity to the Vitara Brezza.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is powered by the acclaimed 200 DDiS engine mated with a five-speed manual transmission. Maruti says that by using pendulum engine mount system along with acoustic insulation and absorption materials around the cabin and engine compartment , NVH levels are low in the Vitara Brezza. Maruti Suzuki is also working on a petrol variant which will be offered in the future.
The Maruti's Vitara Brezza has been conceptualized, designed and developed in India. The project was lead by C. V. Raman, executive director R&D, Maruti Suzuki Indian Limited (MSIL). The development cost of the Maruti Vitara Brezza is Rs 860 crores and the localization level is at 98 per cent.
Speaking on the occasion, Kenichi Ayukawa, managing director & CEO of Maruti Suzuki India,"The Vitara Brezza offers style and glamour, features and customisation never seen before in SUVs in India.Built on a global Suzuki platform, Vitara Brezza has been conceptualized, designed and developed in India using Suzuki's global development processes. We believe this model appeals to Indian customers in its design, packaging and features. Vitara Brezza is Maruti Suzuki's symbol of create in India."
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review