2016 Auto Expo: Mercedes-Benz unveils S500 Cabriolet
Just a few months after launching the delectable S63 AMG Coupe in India, Mercedes-Benz has taken the wraps of the even prettier S-Class Cabriolet at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Essentially an S-Coupe with a folding fabric roof the Mercedes-Benz S-Cabriolet in India comes in S500 trim. This means it gets a 4.7-litre twin turbo V8 with 455PS and 700Nm. 0-100kmph takes less than 5s and top speed is limited to 250kmph. A 9-speed automatic is standard.
The Mercedes-Benz S-Cabriolet features a beautifully crafted cabin similar to the one in the S-Coupe with a wrap around wood lined dashboard and a large TFT screen that serves as both the infotainment display as well as the driver's instrument console. AIRCAP automatic wind protection system reduces buffeting in the cabin and AIRSCARF neck-level heating system keeps you warm and toasty on those cold days.The soft top system can open in 20s at speeds of upto 60kmph.
This is the first time Mercedes-Benz has launched its range topping convertible in India. Unlike the full blown AMG Coupe, this car comes with a lower spec V8 engine and that means it will probably be priced considerably lower than the Rs 2.6crore AMG. Still, expect a price around the Rs 2 crore mark when it goes on sale in a few months time.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!