2016 Auto Expo: Mercedes-Benz unveils S500 Cabriolet
Just a few months after launching the delectable S63 AMG Coupe in India, Mercedes-Benz has taken the wraps of the even prettier S-Class Cabriolet at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Essentially an S-Coupe with a folding fabric roof the Mercedes-Benz S-Cabriolet in India comes in S500 trim. This means it gets a 4.7-litre twin turbo V8 with 455PS and 700Nm. 0-100kmph takes less than 5s and top speed is limited to 250kmph. A 9-speed automatic is standard.
The Mercedes-Benz S-Cabriolet features a beautifully crafted cabin similar to the one in the S-Coupe with a wrap around wood lined dashboard and a large TFT screen that serves as both the infotainment display as well as the driver's instrument console. AIRCAP automatic wind protection system reduces buffeting in the cabin and AIRSCARF neck-level heating system keeps you warm and toasty on those cold days.The soft top system can open in 20s at speeds of upto 60kmph.
This is the first time Mercedes-Benz has launched its range topping convertible in India. Unlike the full blown AMG Coupe, this car comes with a lower spec V8 engine and that means it will probably be priced considerably lower than the Rs 2.6crore AMG. Still, expect a price around the Rs 2 crore mark when it goes on sale in a few months time.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19 - Camper trailer tourism
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: Honda e
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subsidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far