2016 Auto Expo: Mercedes-Benz unveils S500 Cabriolet
Just a few months after launching the delectable S63 AMG Coupe in India, Mercedes-Benz has taken the wraps of the even prettier S-Class Cabriolet at the 2016 Auto Expo.
Essentially an S-Coupe with a folding fabric roof the Mercedes-Benz S-Cabriolet in India comes in S500 trim. This means it gets a 4.7-litre twin turbo V8 with 455PS and 700Nm. 0-100kmph takes less than 5s and top speed is limited to 250kmph. A 9-speed automatic is standard.
The Mercedes-Benz S-Cabriolet features a beautifully crafted cabin similar to the one in the S-Coupe with a wrap around wood lined dashboard and a large TFT screen that serves as both the infotainment display as well as the driver's instrument console. AIRCAP automatic wind protection system reduces buffeting in the cabin and AIRSCARF neck-level heating system keeps you warm and toasty on those cold days.The soft top system can open in 20s at speeds of upto 60kmph.
This is the first time Mercedes-Benz has launched its range topping convertible in India. Unlike the full blown AMG Coupe, this car comes with a lower spec V8 engine and that means it will probably be priced considerably lower than the Rs 2.6crore AMG. Still, expect a price around the Rs 2 crore mark when it goes on sale in a few months time.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards