2016 Auto Expo: Near production ready Tata Nexon SUV showcased
Tata Motors has displayed its upcoming launches at the 2016 Auto Expo. The most important vehicle in the lineup is the Tata Nexon SUV. The Tata Nexon seen in the brand's pavilion will not see many changes from the one that will go on sale says Pratap Bose, the head of design at Tata Motors.
The bulky looking SUV looks quite European with muscular haunches and strong character lines all around. The imposing stance with a higher ground clearance gives it the necessary SUV appeal. It is for the first time that the brand is entering into the compact SUV space, and thus will equip it with the best features and options
The Tata Nexon will come with a brand new family of 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Tata Motors also confirmed that these won't be the Revotron and Revotorq series that comes in the new age sedans and hatchbacks.
According to the upcoming model launch chronology, the launch of Tata Nexon is expected to happen by mid-2017. We believe that Tata Motors should launch the Nexon earlier to benefit from the booming compact SUV segment in India.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?