2016 Auto Expo: Near production ready Tata Nexon SUV showcased
Tata Motors has displayed its upcoming launches at the 2016 Auto Expo. The most important vehicle in the lineup is the Tata Nexon SUV. The Tata Nexon seen in the brand's pavilion will not see many changes from the one that will go on sale says Pratap Bose, the head of design at Tata Motors.
The bulky looking SUV looks quite European with muscular haunches and strong character lines all around. The imposing stance with a higher ground clearance gives it the necessary SUV appeal. It is for the first time that the brand is entering into the compact SUV space, and thus will equip it with the best features and options
The Tata Nexon will come with a brand new family of 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Tata Motors also confirmed that these won't be the Revotron and Revotorq series that comes in the new age sedans and hatchbacks.
According to the upcoming model launch chronology, the launch of Tata Nexon is expected to happen by mid-2017. We believe that Tata Motors should launch the Nexon earlier to benefit from the booming compact SUV segment in India.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018