2016 Auto Expo: New Renault Duster Easy-R AMT unveiled
Renault India has unveiled the face lifted Duster at the 2016 Auto Expo. It also introduced an AMT version, badged the Easy-R. The changes in the facelifted Renault Duster include a new twin slat chrome grille with a huge Renault logo. The bumper gets a new design. The air dam is larger with a plastic surround that extends below to form a bash plate. New headlamps feature different sections for low and high beam. The new Renault Duster also gets LED tail lights, new ORVMS with integrated turn indicators and electrical adjust and fold able mirrors . The new roof rails are beefier with the Duster branding on it. I also gets new five spoke, blacked out alloy wheels that look cool.
The AMT transmission will most likely be offered in the diesel version only. There was speculation that Renault would launch the Duster with a dual clutch transmission, however this doesn't stand true. However, AMTs have been well received in the country since it offers the convenience of an automatic while offering the fuel efficiency of a manual.
Renault says that the new Duster has an evolved "T4 Electrical & Electronics" and new "CM010"engine compartment which is said to improve the safety quotient. The other new features include auto AC, cruise control and an updated media navigation system.
Renault hasn't confirmed when the new Duster will go on sale or variant details. However, we expect it to be on sale in the first quarter of this year.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19