2016 Auto Expo: Piaggio India unveils the Aprilia SR 150 scooter
Piaggio India has just unveiled the Aprilia SR 150 in India. The sport themed automatic scooter will be manufactured at the Piaggio facility in Baramati and will be launched in India by August 2016.
The Aprilia SR 150 has been targeted towards the young rider looking at the convenience of an automatic scooter with the sensation of a sport motorcycle. The sport form factor is highlighted by the sharp lines, twin headlamp and the larger 14-inch black alloy wheels. Contrasting black/red and white/red shades also add to the sport theme. Large 220mm front disc brake and sticky tyres are more sport motorcycle like.
A sport themed scooter deserves a peppy motor. Aprilia have offered a 150cc motor which seems to have been borrowed from the Vespa 150. Expect the scooter to produce upwards of 12PS.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
Starts Rs 83,860
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and Rally Pro first ride review
- NewsJehan Daruvala to compete in FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2020 as part of Red Bull Junior programme
- NewsMG Hector crosses 50,000 bookings in India
- NewsVintage and Classic car Grand Heritage Drive
- News2020 Hyundai Creta interior design layout revealed ahead of launch