2016 Auto Expo: Piaggio India unveils the Aprilia SR 150 scooter
Piaggio India has just unveiled the Aprilia SR 150 in India. The sport themed automatic scooter will be manufactured at the Piaggio facility in Baramati and will be launched in India by August 2016.
The Aprilia SR 150 has been targeted towards the young rider looking at the convenience of an automatic scooter with the sensation of a sport motorcycle. The sport form factor is highlighted by the sharp lines, twin headlamp and the larger 14-inch black alloy wheels. Contrasting black/red and white/red shades also add to the sport theme. Large 220mm front disc brake and sticky tyres are more sport motorcycle like.
A sport themed scooter deserves a peppy motor. Aprilia have offered a 150cc motor which seems to have been borrowed from the Vespa 150. Expect the scooter to produce upwards of 12PS.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
Starts Rs 70,940
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids