2016 Auto Expo: Piaggio India unveils the Aprilia SR 150 scooter
Piaggio India has just unveiled the Aprilia SR 150 in India. The sport themed automatic scooter will be manufactured at the Piaggio facility in Baramati and will be launched in India by August 2016.
The Aprilia SR 150 has been targeted towards the young rider looking at the convenience of an automatic scooter with the sensation of a sport motorcycle. The sport form factor is highlighted by the sharp lines, twin headlamp and the larger 14-inch black alloy wheels. Contrasting black/red and white/red shades also add to the sport theme. Large 220mm front disc brake and sticky tyres are more sport motorcycle like.
A sport themed scooter deserves a peppy motor. Aprilia have offered a 150cc motor which seems to have been borrowed from the Vespa 150. Expect the scooter to produce upwards of 12PS.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
Starts Rs 70,940
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?