2016 Auto Expo: Polaris unveils the RZR XP Turbo
Polaris has unveiled the RZR XP Turbo at the 2016 Auto Expo. The RZR XP Turbo uses a 925cc, parallel twin motor that has been turbocharged to make 144PS and 142Nm.
The engine gets forged pistons, an upgraded 270 degree firing order crankshaft, high strength connecting rods, closed deck cylinder, sodium filled exhaust valves and new oil system. This engine is mated to Polaris' trademark PVT transmission and an on-demand all-wheel-drive system.
The side by side gets class leading ground clearance and off road capabilities thanks to the Fox racing shocks being used both front and rear. The RZR also gets an electronic power steering unit.
The RZR XP Turbo will be launched soon at an expected price of Rs 25 lakh.
In case you were wondering, this is from the same family of vehicles as the RZR that Halley drove to victory at last year's Desert Storm. The RZR in its stock form is already an incredible off-road vehicle.
But with the new added power and upgraded suspension the ATV is sure to have the ability to wipe the floor with its competition. Read about Halley's experience at the Desert Storm here.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards