2016 Auto Expo: Renault Kwid 1.0 Easy-R to be unveiled
The Renault Kwid has got a flying start in the Indian market, thanks to its SUV-inspired styling. At the 2016 Auto Expo, Renault will add a new variant to the range, called the Kwid 1.0 Easy-R. As the name suggests, the car will get a 1.0-litre engine that is expected to produce over 75PS of power and will rival cars like the Alto K10 and the Eon 1.0. The Easy-R suffix points towards a automated manual transmission (AMT) belonging to the family that Renault previewed at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The 800cc version of Renault Kwid shown for representation purpose only
The model will differentiate itself from its 800cc engined sibling with a '1.0' badging on the door cladding and the boot-lid, while an 'Easy-R' decal will find space on the C-pillar, much like the 'AWD' decal in the Duster AWD. A chrome grille could come by default on the range-topping Kwid 1.0 Easy-R. More details and photos coming soon from the show floor. Stay tuned.
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsBREAKING: BMW R 18 Cruiser arrives in India, launch by the end of September 2020
- NewsJuly 2020 automotive retail sales still 36 per cent less YoY
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: 2020 Skoda Karoq vs VW T-Roc
- NewsMaserati Ghibli and Quattroporte Trofeo pack 580PS V8 under the hood
- NewsKawasaki Versys 650 BSVI launched in India at Rs. 6.79 lakh