2016 Auto Expo: Renault Kwid Climber Concept unveiled
Lauren Van De Ackers who heads design at Renault just unveiled the Kwid Climber, which clearly indicates a production direction for the French carmaker. With its exaggerated wheel arches accentuated by blue trim, headlamps masked in beefier plastic elements and a robust lower bumper, the Renault Kwid Climber isnt just any concept.
The high ground clearance, all terrain tyres and side protection units with the Climber etched into it are also other pointers towards this car coming to production. There is barely anything other than the interior that appears conceptual. Everything on exteriors could very simply be integrated to provide the Kwid with another variant option in the market, strengthening its already growing numbers.
Of course the engine will need to be tweaked to deliver a bit more torque and better drivability. Acccording to Gerard Detourbet who is largely considered the father of the Kwid, geting higher outputs from the diesel isnt impossible but lot will depend on several factors like legislation, emission requirements etc.
We'd assume that a crossover based on the Kwid with similar form but more practical function could easily make it to the market in 2017.
What say Renault, can we keep our fingers crossed?
For more stories from the Auto Expo 2016, click here
To stay at the cutting edge of automotive news in India, follow us on Twitter (@odmag) or on Facebook (facebook.com/odmag). Or download our app from the iOS or Android app stores today
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS