2016 Auto Expo: Renault Kwid Climber Concept unveiled
Lauren Van De Ackers who heads design at Renault just unveiled the Kwid Climber, which clearly indicates a production direction for the French carmaker. With its exaggerated wheel arches accentuated by blue trim, headlamps masked in beefier plastic elements and a robust lower bumper, the Renault Kwid Climber isnt just any concept.
The high ground clearance, all terrain tyres and side protection units with the Climber etched into it are also other pointers towards this car coming to production. There is barely anything other than the interior that appears conceptual. Everything on exteriors could very simply be integrated to provide the Kwid with another variant option in the market, strengthening its already growing numbers.
Of course the engine will need to be tweaked to deliver a bit more torque and better drivability. Acccording to Gerard Detourbet who is largely considered the father of the Kwid, geting higher outputs from the diesel isnt impossible but lot will depend on several factors like legislation, emission requirements etc.
We'd assume that a crossover based on the Kwid with similar form but more practical function could easily make it to the market in 2017.
What say Renault, can we keep our fingers crossed?
For more stories from the Auto Expo 2016, click here
To stay at the cutting edge of automotive news in India, follow us on Twitter (@odmag) or on Facebook (facebook.com/odmag). Or download our app from the iOS or Android app stores today
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept