2016 Auto Expo: Renault showcases Kwid 1.0 Sce and Kwid Easy-R
The Renault Kwid 1.0 was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 and as the name suggests, is powered by a new 1.0-litre engine. Renault says that the engine gets four valves per cylinder and double over head camshaft layout to offer usable power across the entire rev range.
The Renault Kwid Easy-R was also showcased. It is equipped with an all-new 5-speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). The innovative gear shift control dial lets one choose from three modes- neutral, drive and reverse. It also offers a crawl function which basically allows the car to move forward and backward without any throttle input. The Renault Kwid Easy-R also comes equipped with a touchscreen navigation system.
Speaking on the ocassion, Sumit Sawhney, country CEO and managing director, Renault India said, "Renault Kwid is a great success and has revolutionsed the compact hatchback segment, living true to our promise of creating a new era in automotive history. At Renault we are committed to continuous innovation and we are happy to showcase the Renault Kwid 1.0 Sce and Renault Kwid Easy-R, our automated version. We will launch both these versions sometime in the future."
The Renault Kwid has turned out to be game changer for the manufacturer in India. Since its launch around four months ago, it has received over one lakh bookings. By introducing these two versions, Renault is aiming to build on the success of the Kwid.
For more stories from the Auto Expo 2016, click here
To stay at the cutting edge of automotive news in India, follow us on Twitter (@odmag) or on Facebook (facebook.com/odmag). Or download our app from the iOS or Android app stores today
Starts Rs 3.09 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani