2016 Auto Expo: Tata displays near production ready Hexa MPV
Tata Motors has displayed a production ready version of the Hexa MPV at the 2016 Auto Expo. Previously displayed at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show, we expected Tata Motors to launch the Hexa at the Auto Expo 2016 but there is still some time before the Hexa goes on sale.
The Tata Hexa, based on the Aria, will catapult the brand in the premium MPV / SUV space. The brand has clearly indicated that the Hexa will be positioned as a premium offering. Presently, the Tata Aria is priced between Rs 15.49 lakh to Rs 16.25 lakh and the Tata Safari Storme 400 is priced between Rs 13.25 lakh to Rs 14.59 lakh (ex-Mumbai). The additional equipment and features offered in the Hexa will make it more premium compared to the Aria. We expect the fully loaded Tata Hexa to be priced at Rs 18 lakh, ex-showroom.
The overall shape of the Tata Hexa looks similar to the Aria with a similar nose and an almost straight roof line. What makes it look distinct are the detailing done on the front, cladding on the side and most interestingly 19-inch multi-spoke alloys that look sporty for an MPV. Inside, the modern layout comes across as a fresh change compared to the Aria.
The powertrain that will be offered in the Tata Hexa is the 2.2-litre engine that makes 156PS /400Nm. The numbers are identical to the Tata Safari Storme Varicor400 SUV but Tata claims that the engine has been tweaked further. Also, the Tata Hexa will be launched with both automatic and manual transmissions . The Hexa also gets a multi-terrain mode, similar to the terrain response seen in Land Rover vehicles. Safety features such as ESP and airbags are expected to be standard across variants.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.05 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.84 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?