2016 Auto Expo: Tata Motors to showcase Kite 5, Nexon, Hexa and Safari Storme Tuff
Tata Motors is expected to have a house full of automobile exhibits at the upcoming Auto Expo 2016. The firm has revealed that it will be showcasing the Nexon compact SUV which was first unveiled to the world at the 2014 Auto Expo. It is expected that this time around, we might see the production-spec Nexon SUV. This likely based on the Indica Vista platform compact SUV will battle it out with the Mahindra KUV100, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300. Tata Motors may launch the Nexon SUV in India this year.
Tata Motors has never showcased the Hexa MPV, a likely replacement for the ageing Aria, in India. This time though the production-spec model will be showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 with sales expected to start shortly thereafter. The Tata Hexa in silhouette looks similar to the Aria, however, it is expected to be more premium as well as use the same engine and transmission from the Safari Storme Varicor 400. Speaking of the Tata Safari Storme, the company has confirmed that it will showcase the Storme Tuff, a glammed up trim of the existing SUV.
The Tata Zica-based sedan, codenamed Kite 5, will also be showcased at the expo. It is expected to use the same engines as seen on the Zica. The Tata Zica hatchback itself is expected to go on sale in February. The Tata Kite 5 will compete with the hatchbacks in the Rs 4-5 lakh price range.
There are various commercial vehicles which will be showcased at the expo. Tata Motors says that there will be many concept vehicles too. The personalization department will also see the Zica Aktiv, Hexa Tuff and Zest. These vehicles will have a body kit and customers will also be treated to a virtual walkthrough of the expo through this stall. The Tata Bolt Sport will also be showcased here.
To stay at the cutting edge of automotive news in India, follow us on Twitter (@odmag) or on Facebook (facebook.com/od
Starts Rs 10.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India