2016 Auto Expo: Tata Motors to showcase Kite 5, Nexon, Hexa and Safari Storme Tuff
Tata Motors is expected to have a house full of automobile exhibits at the upcoming Auto Expo 2016. The firm has revealed that it will be showcasing the Nexon compact SUV which was first unveiled to the world at the 2014 Auto Expo. It is expected that this time around, we might see the production-spec Nexon SUV. This likely based on the Indica Vista platform compact SUV will battle it out with the Mahindra KUV100, Ford EcoSport and the Mahindra TUV300. Tata Motors may launch the Nexon SUV in India this year.
Tata Motors has never showcased the Hexa MPV, a likely replacement for the ageing Aria, in India. This time though the production-spec model will be showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 with sales expected to start shortly thereafter. The Tata Hexa in silhouette looks similar to the Aria, however, it is expected to be more premium as well as use the same engine and transmission from the Safari Storme Varicor 400. Speaking of the Tata Safari Storme, the company has confirmed that it will showcase the Storme Tuff, a glammed up trim of the existing SUV.
The Tata Zica-based sedan, codenamed Kite 5, will also be showcased at the expo. It is expected to use the same engines as seen on the Zica. The Tata Zica hatchback itself is expected to go on sale in February. The Tata Kite 5 will compete with the hatchbacks in the Rs 4-5 lakh price range.
There are various commercial vehicles which will be showcased at the expo. Tata Motors says that there will be many concept vehicles too. The personalization department will also see the Zica Aktiv, Hexa Tuff and Zest. These vehicles will have a body kit and customers will also be treated to a virtual walkthrough of the expo through this stall. The Tata Bolt Sport will also be showcased here.
To stay at the cutting edge of automotive news in India, follow us on Twitter (@odmag) or on Facebook (facebook.com/od
Starts Rs 10.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.76 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.65 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3