2016 Auto Expo: Triumph Bonneville Street Twin launched in India at Rs 6.9 lakh
Triumph has launched an all new version of its entry level motorcycle, the Bonneville in two avatars. The lower spec version Street Twin replaces the outgoing base Bonnie and features a raft of improvements across the board.
The Street Twin uses a new 900cc parallel twin that gas been developed to squeeze out maximum torque at low revs. It delivers a maximum of 80Nm at just 3,200rpm which is an 18 percent improvement over the old model. The motorcycle continues with a 5-speed gearbox but now gets ride-by-wire throttle and features interchangeable riding modes as well as traction control and a slip assist clutch.
Read Ashok's first ride report from when he rode the bike in Spain to get an idea of what this retro modern machine is all about. ABS is now standard which means Triumph is the first and currently the only manufacturer in India to offer ABS as standard across its range. Well done!
At Rs 6.9 lakh (ex-Delhi) the Street Twin is now about Rs 70,000 more than the old model, but is a much more comprehensive package and we think Triumph has nailed the pricing. Four colours are available - Cranberry Red, Aluminium Silver, Jet Black and Matt Black. Bookings are open and deliveries will start from March 2016.
Triumph has also launched the Bonneville T120 at the Auto Expo 2016. The company announced that the Thruxton R will be launched in India shortly.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?