2016 Auto Expo: Triumph launches Bonneville T120 in India at Rs 8.7 lakh
Triumph not only launched the highly anticipated Street Twin at the 2016 Auto Expo, but also released pricing details of its bigger brother, the Bonneville T120. Where the Street Twin uses a newly develop 900cc parallel twin, Triumph has gone all out with the T120 and built a brand new 1200cc parallel twin motor with a focus on making massive low down torque. The result is a claimed 105Nm at 3,100rpm, numbers similar to those of a small hatchback.
The Bonneville T120 is styled to look like the original motorcycle from 1959, but features modern creature comforts like heated grips and a comprehensive electronics package that includes selectable riding modes and traction control. Like the Street Twin, it comes with a slip assist clutch and ABS as standard.
Both the Street Twin and T120 can further be customized using official Triumph kits that can transform your bike into a cafe racer, flat tracker or Scrambler. Four colours will be available - Lava Red, Cranberry Red with Aluminum Silver, Jet Black and Jet Black with Pure White.
Priced at Rs 8.7 lakh ex-Delhi, the T120 goes on sale by April 2016. Bookings are already open. Triumph also announced its plans to launch the Thruxton R in India shortly.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 11,92,000
Starts Rs 9,39,250
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900