2016 Auto Expo: Triumph launches Bonneville T120 in India at Rs 8.7 lakh
Triumph not only launched the highly anticipated Street Twin at the 2016 Auto Expo, but also released pricing details of its bigger brother, the Bonneville T120. Where the Street Twin uses a newly develop 900cc parallel twin, Triumph has gone all out with the T120 and built a brand new 1200cc parallel twin motor with a focus on making massive low down torque. The result is a claimed 105Nm at 3,100rpm, numbers similar to those of a small hatchback.
The Bonneville T120 is styled to look like the original motorcycle from 1959, but features modern creature comforts like heated grips and a comprehensive electronics package that includes selectable riding modes and traction control. Like the Street Twin, it comes with a slip assist clutch and ABS as standard.
Both the Street Twin and T120 can further be customized using official Triumph kits that can transform your bike into a cafe racer, flat tracker or Scrambler. Four colours will be available - Lava Red, Cranberry Red with Aluminum Silver, Jet Black and Jet Black with Pure White.
Priced at Rs 8.7 lakh ex-Delhi, the T120 goes on sale by April 2016. Bookings are already open. Triumph also announced its plans to launch the Thruxton R in India shortly.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 11,92,000
Starts Rs 9,39,250
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- FeaturesMeeting the Tribe(r): Renault Triber South Africa launch
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz 1.2-litre turbo-petrol spotted testing in India
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055