2016 Auto Expo: Triumph to launch Thruxton R in India soon
While Triumph launched the new Bonneville Street Twin and Bonneville T120 at the 2016 Auto Expo the saved the most exciting product of that platform for a later date. That would be the new Triumph Thruxton R.
As with the previous generation, the Thruxton is the cafe racer version of the Bonneville family and has traditionally been the most expensive. The new Thruxton takes that premiumness to a whole new level. It comes with the most powerful version of the new 1,200cc parallel twin engine that Triumph call the high power version (the Bonneville T120 gets the high torque version). Ironically, Triumph is only mentioning peak torque which is 112Nm at 4,950rpm. That's 7Nm more than the Bonneville T120 but developed 1850rpm higher in the rev range. However what will really drive up the price of the Thruxton R is the top quality kit it packs. Brakes are by Brembo while the motorcycle is sprung by premium and expensive fully adjustable Ohlins suspension.
Expect the bike to be launched in the coming months at a price over Rs 10 lakh.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 11,30,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept