2016 Auto Expo: Triumph to launch Thruxton R in India soon
While Triumph launched the new Bonneville Street Twin and Bonneville T120 at the 2016 Auto Expo the saved the most exciting product of that platform for a later date. That would be the new Triumph Thruxton R.
As with the previous generation, the Thruxton is the cafe racer version of the Bonneville family and has traditionally been the most expensive. The new Thruxton takes that premiumness to a whole new level. It comes with the most powerful version of the new 1,200cc parallel twin engine that Triumph call the high power version (the Bonneville T120 gets the high torque version). Ironically, Triumph is only mentioning peak torque which is 112Nm at 4,950rpm. That's 7Nm more than the Bonneville T120 but developed 1850rpm higher in the rev range. However what will really drive up the price of the Thruxton R is the top quality kit it packs. Brakes are by Brembo while the motorcycle is sprung by premium and expensive fully adjustable Ohlins suspension.
Expect the bike to be launched in the coming months at a price over Rs 10 lakh.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 11,92,000
- NewsWRC 2020: Elfyn Evans claims commanding Rally Sweden win
- NewsGreat Wall Motors signs agreement with General Motors after its India debut
- NewsBSVI Suzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 77,900
- NewsHyundai Motors collaborates with Canoo to develop an EV platform
- NewsRenault Triber MPV launched in South Africa