2016 Auto Expo: TVS unveils the Akula 310
TVS Motors which recently launched the Apache RTR 2004V and the new generation Victor, followed it up with the highly anticipated Akula 310 at the Auto Expo 2016. This motorcycle rides on the back of the association TVS has formed with BMW Motorrad to manufacture the motorcycle in India as well as for export markets.
The TVS Akula 310 is Russian for shark'' and also a submarine class. Styling is incredibly racy, front to the rear the motorcycle speaks volumes about TVS manufacturing prowess and now even design. The concept introduced under TVS racing banner has a lot of tech bristling, foremost being the carbon fibre body work and the aluminum trellis sub frame. While the carbon fibre isnt any indicator, the aluminium sub frame clearly indicates what the production motorcycle could have.
Several lightweight components have gone into the motorcycle and details will follow shortly on all that this motorcycle has to offer. USD forks, radial calipers, force fed airbox and a quick shift 6-speed transmission will be some of the highlights.
The TVS Akula 310 also has a heat management system etched into the bodywork using some clever design. This is essentially what the gill like appendages on the motorcycle do, in addition to also working to enhance stability and reducing drag for enhanced aerodynamics.
Full function digital speedo, on board gyro cameras and a steering damper are additional bits that will add credence to its dynamic abilities. However it remains to be seen if all the features showcased on the concept make it to production.
The backbone of course is the BMW G310 R but expect the production version of this motorcycle to hit markets and not just race circuits by the end of the year.
For more news on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here.
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Skoda Auto Volkswagen India to help setup 1,100 bed facility for COVID-19 patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Olectra Greentech contributes to PM CARES fund in the fight against Coronavirus pandemic
- NewsHonda Cars India revamps its line-up with BSVI transition
- NewsIndia car sales analysis: March 2020
- NewsF1 2020 shutdown could be extended by several weeks
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055