2016 Auto Expo: UM Motorcycles launches three motorcycles starting at Rs 1.49 lakh
UM is an American brand that first showed off its products at the 2014 Expo. Later, the company announced a tie-up with Lohia Auto and the fruit of that JV is the launch of the new Renegade motorcycles, the Sport S, Commando and Classic Sport at the 2016 Auto Expo. The Sport S is is priced at Rs 1.49 lakh, the Commando at Rs 1.59 lakh and the Classic at Rs 1.69 lakh ex-Delhi respectively
All three motorcycles are powered by a water cooled single cylinder engine that displaces 279cc. Power stands at 25PS at 8,500rpm while peak torque of 21.8Nm is produced at 7,000rpm. Fuel supply is by carburettor. For a cruiser, this is a rather high revving engine. All three bikes run a 6-speed transmission.
Conventional telescopic forks and dual rear shock absorbers handle suspension duties. There's a single disc brake up front while the rear makes do with a drum brake. The fuel tank will hold 18 litres and UM claims a kerb weight of 172kg for all three. Tyres are 110/70 17 up front and 140/90 15 section. Ground clearance is 150mm
The Renegade Sport S is styled to mimic drag bikes and we see similarities to something like the Harley Davidson V-Rod. The Commando get 's a more blacked out design with higher bars. The higher spec Classic goes down the traditional cruiser route with chrome treatment and spoke wheels.
Starts Rs 1,71,651
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS BSV India launch on October 8
- NewsUpcoming Triumph Trident middleweight roadster is almost production ready
- News810PS all-electric Hyundai RM20e prototype showcases future N brand potential
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Tasting spicy delicacies of Maharashtra in Hyundai Verna
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class LWB facelift revealed