2016 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan gets ready
Volkswagen India has just released a teaser image that shows a completely covered Ameo ready to leave for its world debut at the upcoming 2016 Auto Expo. In the image, the Volkswagen Ameo is flanked by Dr Andreas Lauermann, president and managing director, Volkswagen India Private Limited and his colleagues from the manufacturer's Pune plant.
The Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan is not a chopped up version of the Vento. It is actually a sedan based on the Polo and gets the same face as the hatchback along with the rear doors. The Volkswagen Ameo is likely to get LED daytime running lights which are also expected to feature on the 2016 Vento. The Ameo's rear windshield though will rake sharper than the Vento.
The Volkswagen Ameo is expected to get the same engine options as the Polo a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. Expect a similar tune as the hatchback too. It is based on the PQ25 platform that underpins the Polo and the Vento.
The Volkswagen Ameo will be unveiled on February 2, 2016 on the eve of the 2016 Auto Expo. Once launched, it will compete against other compact sedans like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Honda Amaze, the Ford Figo Aspire, the Tata Zest and the Hyundai Xcent.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Volkswagen Ameo
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip