2016 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan gets ready
Volkswagen India has just released a teaser image that shows a completely covered Ameo ready to leave for its world debut at the upcoming 2016 Auto Expo. In the image, the Volkswagen Ameo is flanked by Dr Andreas Lauermann, president and managing director, Volkswagen India Private Limited and his colleagues from the manufacturer's Pune plant.
The Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan is not a chopped up version of the Vento. It is actually a sedan based on the Polo and gets the same face as the hatchback along with the rear doors. The Volkswagen Ameo is likely to get LED daytime running lights which are also expected to feature on the 2016 Vento. The Ameo's rear windshield though will rake sharper than the Vento.
The Volkswagen Ameo is expected to get the same engine options as the Polo a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. Expect a similar tune as the hatchback too. It is based on the PQ25 platform that underpins the Polo and the Vento.
The Volkswagen Ameo will be unveiled on February 2, 2016 on the eve of the 2016 Auto Expo. Once launched, it will compete against other compact sedans like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, the Honda Amaze, the Ford Figo Aspire, the Tata Zest and the Hyundai Xcent.
Also from OVERDRIVE on the Volkswagen Ameo
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.51 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018