2016 Auto Expo: Volkswagen Polo GTI showcased
After much speculation, Volkswagen has finally confirmed the arrival of the Polo GTI. The most powerful of the Polos will be launched in India in the second half of this year.
The three-door Polo GTI uses the 1.8 TSI and not the 1.4 TSI that was being rumoured. Volkswagen's 1.8-litre TSI motor has been tuned to make 192PS for the GTI. In case you were wondering, this is more power than what the race-spec Polos that were used in the Polo Cup, used to make. It uses the popular 7-speed DSG 'box and will also get paddle shifters. We expect the GTI to arrive as a CBU and that means that it should get the Euro-spec, performance suspension and disc brakes all around. The suspension is visibly lower and together with the low kerb weight, the car will be a very spirited performer. It will also get a sunroof.
More details about the spec and pricing will be announced closer to the launch date. However, we are quite sure it will not come cheap. Expect somewhere upwards of Rs 20 lakh.
For more from OVERDRIVE on the Auto Expo 2016, click here
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS