2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha launches MT-09 in India at Rs 10.2 lakh
Yamaha surprised us with the launch of the MT-09 naked motorcycle. The MT-09 uses a 847cc inline three cylinder engine that develops 115PS at 10,000rpm and 88Nm at 8,500rpm. Those figures put it closer to the Kawasaki Z800 than the Triumph Street Triple but the Yamaha is considerably lighter than the Kawasaki.
Yamaha claims the MT-09 has long stroke suspension that should ensure ride comfort while maintaining sporty dynamics. We're glad to see Yamaha is only offering the ABS version in India. The company proudly claims a fuel efficiency of 19kmpl for the few of you wondering. Two colours are available, Race Blue and Matt Grey. Booking open immediately and deliveries will commenced soon after.
Now we come to the price. Rs 10.2 lakh ex-Delhi is a fair amount more than Kawasaki and even Triumph charge for the Z800 and Street Triple respectively. Unlike those two however, Yamaha has brought this bike in via the CBU route and in that sense, the price is quite commendable. Still, if Yamaha manages to assemble this motorcycle in India as a CKD they will be able to significantly undercut the pricing on both rivals. Sadly Yamaha says they have no plans.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 10,55,000
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018