2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha launches MT-09 in India at Rs 10.2 lakh
Yamaha surprised us with the launch of the MT-09 naked motorcycle. The MT-09 uses a 847cc inline three cylinder engine that develops 115PS at 10,000rpm and 88Nm at 8,500rpm. Those figures put it closer to the Kawasaki Z800 than the Triumph Street Triple but the Yamaha is considerably lighter than the Kawasaki.
Yamaha claims the MT-09 has long stroke suspension that should ensure ride comfort while maintaining sporty dynamics. We're glad to see Yamaha is only offering the ABS version in India. The company proudly claims a fuel efficiency of 19kmpl for the few of you wondering. Two colours are available, Race Blue and Matt Grey. Booking open immediately and deliveries will commenced soon after.
Now we come to the price. Rs 10.2 lakh ex-Delhi is a fair amount more than Kawasaki and even Triumph charge for the Z800 and Street Triple respectively. Unlike those two however, Yamaha has brought this bike in via the CBU route and in that sense, the price is quite commendable. Still, if Yamaha manages to assemble this motorcycle in India as a CKD they will be able to significantly undercut the pricing on both rivals. Sadly Yamaha says they have no plans.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 10,55,354
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- NewsKawasaki Versys 650 BSVI launched in India at Rs. 6.79 lakh
- NewsTelangana introduces EV policy, exemption on road tax and registration
- News2020 Triumph Street Triple R vs RS - differences explained
- NewsSTUDDS sets up Asia's largest helmet manufacturing facility in Haryana
- News2020 Triumph Street Triple R launched in India at Rs 8.84 lakh