2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha launches MT-09 in India at Rs 10.2 lakh
Yamaha surprised us with the launch of the MT-09 naked motorcycle. The MT-09 uses a 847cc inline three cylinder engine that develops 115PS at 10,000rpm and 88Nm at 8,500rpm. Those figures put it closer to the Kawasaki Z800 than the Triumph Street Triple but the Yamaha is considerably lighter than the Kawasaki.
Yamaha claims the MT-09 has long stroke suspension that should ensure ride comfort while maintaining sporty dynamics. We're glad to see Yamaha is only offering the ABS version in India. The company proudly claims a fuel efficiency of 19kmpl for the few of you wondering. Two colours are available, Race Blue and Matt Grey. Booking open immediately and deliveries will commenced soon after.
Now we come to the price. Rs 10.2 lakh ex-Delhi is a fair amount more than Kawasaki and even Triumph charge for the Z800 and Street Triple respectively. Unlike those two however, Yamaha has brought this bike in via the CBU route and in that sense, the price is quite commendable. Still, if Yamaha manages to assemble this motorcycle in India as a CKD they will be able to significantly undercut the pricing on both rivals. Sadly Yamaha says they have no plans.
For more information from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Auto Expo, click here
Starts Rs 11,13,000
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?