2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha NMAX on display
Aside from the new Yamaha Ray-ZR that is a rebodied Yamaha Ray scooter aimed at next gen boys (well next gen boy's scooter to quote the official stance), Yamaha also has the Nmax maxi scooter on display at the 2016 Auto Expo. Yamaha India hasn't mentioned any plans about bringing this maxi scooter to India and we suspect it is here to gauge reactions.
The Nmax is a full size scooter that features a 125cc single cylinder engine that uses Yamaha's file saving Blue Core technology. The motor is more advanced than anything we have seen on a scooter in India and features a 4-valve head and variable valve actuation. The results show in the power output that is a 150cc motorcycle rivalling 15.5PS and 14.4Nm.
All that power will come in handy considering that the large scooter weighs 127kg. It runs 13-inch wheels with fat 110/70 and 130/70 tubeless tyres front and rear respectively. Disc brakes on both wheels slow the N Max down and ABS is offered.
If Yamaha were to get positive feedback for such a scooter and plan to bring it to India we believe it will feature simpler drivetrain and a more realistic range near the Rs 80,000 mark.
Starts Rs 50,817
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Honda CBR650R will be sold through Honda's 22 Wing World dealerships in India
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani