2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha unveils new Ray-ZR scooter, to launch in May 2016
Yamaha completed part one of their announcements at the 2016 Auto Expo with a new scooter, the Ray-ZR. The Ray-ZR is a Dio-style sporty-scooter based on the Ray. That means the Blue Core 113cc engine making roughly 7.1PS - Yamaha has not yet confirmed a power figure. The engine powers a light 103kg body and Yamaha will add a disc brake to the specification, while the drum brake version will be the bottom model.
The Ray-ZR should be priced at Rs 49,000 ex-Delhi for the drum brake version while the disc version should be about Rs 53,000 ex-Delhi. Yamaha will launch the Ray-ZR in India in March and price, specification and availability confirmations will come then. Apart from its full range of scooters, Yamaha also has the NMAX scooter at the show stand.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally