2016 Auto Expo: Yamaha unveils new Ray-ZR scooter, to launch in May 2016
Yamaha completed part one of their announcements at the 2016 Auto Expo with a new scooter, the Ray-ZR. The Ray-ZR is a Dio-style sporty-scooter based on the Ray. That means the Blue Core 113cc engine making roughly 7.1PS - Yamaha has not yet confirmed a power figure. The engine powers a light 103kg body and Yamaha will add a disc brake to the specification, while the drum brake version will be the bottom model.
The Ray-ZR should be priced at Rs 49,000 ex-Delhi for the drum brake version while the disc version should be about Rs 53,000 ex-Delhi. Yamaha will launch the Ray-ZR in India in March and price, specification and availability confirmations will come then. Apart from its full range of scooters, Yamaha also has the NMAX scooter at the show stand.
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
- NewsHyundai reveals the Elantra N Line with 204PS and even sharper looks
- NewsDetailed interior shots of next-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class preview its game-changing cabin
- NewsSupreme Court allows registration of BSIV vehicles sold before lockdown
- Review2020 Tata Altroz diesel road test review
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto crosses 40 lakh sales milestone