2016 Beijing Motor Show: BMW reveals long-wheelbase X1
BMW recently unveiled their long-wheelbase X1 L at the 2016 Beijing Motor Show. With a slew of long-wheelbase variants launching at the event, it isn't surprising to see BMW jumping on the bandwagon. The first generation X1 sold incredibly well in China at 2,00,000 units, and taking the demands of the demographic into consideration, BMW has made the long-wheelbase X1 L just for the Chinese market. This model will be manufactured at BMW's Brilliance Tiexi plant in Shenyang, which produced 1,40,000 units of the first-gen X1.
The long-wheelbase version of the new BMW X1 measures 4,560mm long, 1,820mm wide, and 1620mm tall. This makes the BMW X1 L 80mm longer, 20mm wider, and 40mm taller than the outgoing X1. All of these added dimensions account for increased comfort for the passengers in the rear, with 18mm more legroom.
The long-wheelbase BMW X1 will have three power plants on offer. The first is a 1.5-litre 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit producing 138PS and 220Nm of torque, paired to a 6-speed Steptronic transmission. The other two are 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-4 petrol engines in different power tunes one makes 194PS and 280Nm of torque, while the other takes things a step further with 234PS and 350Nm of torque. Both of these are mated to an 8-speed Steptronic transmission. The BMW X1 L will be available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive variants.
Starts Rs 32.4 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept