2016 Beijing Motor Show: India-bound 2017 Hyundai Verna concept unveiled
When the current-gen Hyundai Verna got a facelift in 2015, everyone knew an all-new Verna was just around the corner. As expected, Hyundai unveiled their concept of the next generation Verna at the Beijing Motor Show 2016. This makes it the third generation in the Verna line. The Hyundai Verna has been marketed as the Accent in other countries, making this the fifth generation Accent.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna concept seems to be following Fluidic Sculpture 2.0, Hyundai's new design philosophy. With sleeker projector headlamps, a hexagonal grille and sharp lines, the all-new Hyundai Verna resembles their current line up from a design perspective. The side profile of the car is similar to the current Verna, save for the notchback boot.
The current Hyundai Verna has been around for five years now, receiving a facelift in 2015. It is available in four engine options, two petrol and two diesel. The petrol burners on offer are a 1.4-litre producing 107PS and 135Nm of torque, and a 1.6-litre making 123PS and 155Nm of torque. Similarly, the diesel power plants are a 1.4-litre and a 1.6-litre, producing 90PS and 220Nm of torque, and 128PS and 259Nm of torque respectively. While the 1.4-litre variants are sold only with a manual transmission, the 1.6-litre variants get the option of a 4-speed automatic transmission. Prices for the current-gen Verna start at Rs 8.24 lakh and go up to Rs 11.34 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
For more news on the 2016 Beijing Motor Show, click here
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block