2016 Beijing Motor Show: Mazda Koeru based CX-4 Crossover SUV to be debuted
Mazda Motor Corporation will showcase the CX-4 crossover SUV at the 2016 Beijing Motor Show, that's set to be held from April 25 to May 4, 2016. Based on the Mazda Koeru concept, the production CX-4 was caught testing in China earlier this year. Compared to the concept, the production model is toned down but you can expect to see the CX-4 sport the same overall dimensions and shape when it's unveiled. The exterior design draws inspiration from the Mazda CX-9, that debuted at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show and it's likely that the interior will be similar too.
The Mazda Koeru concept
The CX-4 will share its 2,700mm wheelbase with the CX-5 SUV, but will take des ign cues from the Mazda3. The Mazda CX-4 could also get Mazda's SkyActiv range of engines which is seen in the CX-5. There's a 2-litre and 2.5-litre petrol motor as well as a 2.2-litre diesel in the portfolio.
The Mazda CX-4 will serve as a compact crossover that will bridge the gap between the subcompact CX-3 and the CX-5. Expect more details on the new model to be announced ahead of its debut next month.
In addition, Mazda will have a dozen vehicles at its pavilion, including the Mazda3, Mazda CX-5 and Mazda6. Mazda will also showcase the race cars prepped for the Mazda-sponsored, MZ Ruisi Racing Team, that are competing in the China Touring Car Championship (CTCC).
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India