2016 Beijing Motor Show: Next-gen Audi A4 L unveiled
Audi has revealed their next-gen long-wheelbase A4 at the 2016 Beijing Motor Show. The new Audi A4 L has a wheelbase of 2,910mm, which is 40mm longer than the outgoing A4 L. This translates into more legroom for the rear passengers. The new long-wheelbase A4 is also 110kg lighter than its predecessor, thanks to Audi's advances in using aluminum extensively in their cars. The new A4 L's redesigned body gives it a very slippery drag coefficient of 0.23.
The new Audi A4 L gets an 8.3-inch MMI infotainment system which can be controlled by a touch pad near the gear lever. It also gets, for the first time ever, Audi's Matrix LED headlights. The A4 L gets a slew of driver assistance features such as park assist, lane assist, and a collision detection system.
The Audi A4 L will be offered with a single engine, in two power tunes. The 2.0-litre turbocharged inline-4 petrol engine produces 192PS in the first tune and 255PS in the latter. Both options will be mated to Audi's 7-speed S tronic automatic transmission. The outgoing A4 L is available in a 1.8-litre TFSI producing 160PS and a 2.0-litre TFSI producing 180PS. The new A4 L will be available in front-wheel drive as standard, with the option for Audi's all-wheel drive Quattro system.
The new Audi A4 L will be launched in China around mid-2016.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block