2016 Beijing Motor Show: Next-gen Volkswagen Touareg hinted with T-Prime Concept GTE
Volkswagen is certainly on a roll at the moment, with plans to launch seven new electric and plug-in models in the Chinese market. These new models will be manufactured in China itself. One of these concepts, called the Volkswagen T-Prime Concept GTE, was revealed at the 2016 Beijing Motor Show. The T-Prime Concept GTE is aimed to be the German car giant's next premium SUV offering.
The Volkswagen T-Prime Concept GTE is a precursor to the future Volkswagen Touareg, which will be Volkswagen's flagship SUV offering. Based on sister company Audi's MLB platform, there are chances the production version will share construction components with the Audi Q7 and the Bentley Bentayga. Measuring 5,069mm in length and 1,999mm in width, the Volkswagen T-Prime Concept GTE is 269mm longer and 60mm wider than the current-gen Touareg.
The Volkswagen T-Prime Concept GTE is a plug-in hybrid, all-wheel drive luxury SUV which is powered by both, a petrol engine and an electric motor. The fossil fuel burning motor is a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine producing 251PS and 370Nm of torque, while the electric motor produces 135PS and 350Nm of torque. While in the namesake's GTE mode, the SUV can churn out a total of 700Nm of torque. All of this power and torque is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission and Volkswagen's 4Motion all-wheel drive system.
This results in a claimed 0-100kmph time of 6.0 seconds and a top speed of 224kmph. The SUV excels in the efficiency side of things as well, with an average of 30kmpl when running in hybrid mode. We expect the next-gen Volkswagen Touareg to be revealed sometime in 2017.
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block