2016 Bentley Continental GT Speed unveiled
The Bentley Continental GT Speed was always known to be a pretty fast car (evident from the 'Speed' moniker in its name), so the thought of the company needing to update it never crossed our minds. Lo and behold, for they have gone ahead and done just that, and we aren't complaining.
The already diabolical 6.0-litre twin turbocharged W12 engine receives a healthy boost to its power and torque figures: 642PS- up from 630PS, and a tarmac melting 840Nm of torque - a 20Nm boost. Bentley achieved this by carefully reoptimising the boost control and applying the increased torque throughout its renowned "torque plateau", resulting in continuous maximum torque delivery from 2,000-5,000 rpm. Simply put, all that torque is at your disposal whenever you decide you want to have some fun. Bentley claims this has resulted in a quicker sprint to 100kmph - 3.9 seconds over the previous 4.1 seconds.
To further accentuate the GT's menacing character, Bentley has introduced a special trim known as the Black Edition. A carbon fibre clad dashboard, 21-inch five-spoke black alloys, contrasting colours to the front splitter, side mirrors and rear diffuser feature amongst other things.
Bentley states that it takes 110 hours to create each Continental GT, with 12 and a half of them going in just assembling the engine. And then there's the upholstery - carefully selected hide which is then hand stitched to perfection. Talk about attention to detail.
The Bentley Continental GT Speed bookings are open now, so ready your cheque books.
Starts Rs 3.29 Crore
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block