2016 BMW 3 Series diesel launched in India at Rs 35.90 lakh
Ahead of the Auto Expo 2016, BMW India have launched the updated 3 Series diesel at a starting price of Rs 35.90 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India. The new BMW 3 Series is currently available only with a diesel motor and in four trim levels- Prestige (Rs 35.90 lakh), Sport Line Navigation (Rs 41.5 lakh), Luxury Line Navigation (Rs 41.5 lakh) and M Sport (Rs 44.5 lakh). The petrol trim though will be launched at a later date this year.
So what are the changes in the new 2016 BMW 3 Series? For starters, it gets a fresh face with reworked LED headlamps and LED fog lamps. At the rear, the lamps are now in a L-shape and are full LED as well. The M Sport version along with side skirts also gets a new Estoril Blue exterior colour. Depending on the trims, the cars get chrome accents or high-gloss black strips as in the Sport Line
Inside, as expected, the BMW 3 Series M Sport is the most feature rich amongst the trims with a HUD, electrically adjustable front seats, Navigation System Professional, Drive Experience Control Switch and leather upholstery.
BMW have retained the 1995cc engine but have uprated the power and torque to 190PS/400Nm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission in the 320d. The company claims that the 320d will hit the 100kmph mark from standstill in 7.2 seconds. The top speed is 230kmph.
Philipp von Sahr, president, BMW Group India said, "40 years ago, the BMW 3 Series established the modern sports sedan segment and is the world's most widely sold premium vehicle. With its sporty character, the BMW 3 Series epitomises the heart of the BMW brand more than any other model. The new BMW 3 Series will continue to lead this legacy with its sporty design, powerful performance and unmatched efficiency. With its everyday usability, dynamic characteristics and attractive design, the new BMW 3 Series will establish a new benchmark in the Indian luxury car segment. The BMW 360º program further provides exceptional flexibility and affordability to our discerning customers."
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh