2016 BMW 3 Series diesel launched in India at Rs 35.90 lakh
Ahead of the Auto Expo 2016, BMW India have launched the updated 3 Series diesel at a starting price of Rs 35.90 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India. The new BMW 3 Series is currently available only with a diesel motor and in four trim levels- Prestige (Rs 35.90 lakh), Sport Line Navigation (Rs 41.5 lakh), Luxury Line Navigation (Rs 41.5 lakh) and M Sport (Rs 44.5 lakh). The petrol trim though will be launched at a later date this year.
So what are the changes in the new 2016 BMW 3 Series? For starters, it gets a fresh face with reworked LED headlamps and LED fog lamps. At the rear, the lamps are now in a L-shape and are full LED as well. The M Sport version along with side skirts also gets a new Estoril Blue exterior colour. Depending on the trims, the cars get chrome accents or high-gloss black strips as in the Sport Line
Inside, as expected, the BMW 3 Series M Sport is the most feature rich amongst the trims with a HUD, electrically adjustable front seats, Navigation System Professional, Drive Experience Control Switch and leather upholstery.
BMW have retained the 1995cc engine but have uprated the power and torque to 190PS/400Nm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission in the 320d. The company claims that the 320d will hit the 100kmph mark from standstill in 7.2 seconds. The top speed is 230kmph.
Philipp von Sahr, president, BMW Group India said, "40 years ago, the BMW 3 Series established the modern sports sedan segment and is the world's most widely sold premium vehicle. With its sporty character, the BMW 3 Series epitomises the heart of the BMW brand more than any other model. The new BMW 3 Series will continue to lead this legacy with its sporty design, powerful performance and unmatched efficiency. With its everyday usability, dynamic characteristics and attractive design, the new BMW 3 Series will establish a new benchmark in the Indian luxury car segment. The BMW 360º program further provides exceptional flexibility and affordability to our discerning customers."
Starts Rs 38.9 Lakhs
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod