2016 BMW 3 Series GT facelift revealed
German auto giant BMW has revealed the facelifted version of its 3 Series Gran Turismo model. The 3 Series GT features majority of the changes being taken place beneath the bonnet while there are slight alterations on the cosmetic front.
The new car will be offered in three variants: Sport Line, Luxury Line and M Sport. The M Sport would be getting individual styling changes. The facelifted model will be produced with 18 different engine, gearbox and drive configurations. The engine line-up includes three new petrol units and five diesel engines, all of them being turbocharged.
All the petrol models and two of the diesel models (320d and 330d) are available with the option of BMW xDrive, the company's all-wheel drive system, while the 335d GT will receive that as standard. The power output for the petrol engines would range between 184PS (320i) to 326PS (340i) while the diesel mill would range from 150PS (318d) to 309PS (335d).
In the exterior, the front fog lamps now get LED treatment as standard while adaptive LED headlights are available as an option. The bumpers on both front and rear ends have been revised. The tail lights are full LED now with subtle design changes.
On the inside, changes are minimal. The switchgears have been slightly altered, and the Bluetooth connectivity comes as standard along with the BMW's latest version of navigation system.
The updated GT is set for delivery in September with prices starting from £30,405 (Rs 2,960,630) for the base variant (320i) in the United Kingdom. The car is expected to arrive on the Indian shores by end 2016 or early 2017.
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000