2016 BMW 3 Series GT facelift revealed
German auto giant BMW has revealed the facelifted version of its 3 Series Gran Turismo model. The 3 Series GT features majority of the changes being taken place beneath the bonnet while there are slight alterations on the cosmetic front.
The new car will be offered in three variants: Sport Line, Luxury Line and M Sport. The M Sport would be getting individual styling changes. The facelifted model will be produced with 18 different engine, gearbox and drive configurations. The engine line-up includes three new petrol units and five diesel engines, all of them being turbocharged.
All the petrol models and two of the diesel models (320d and 330d) are available with the option of BMW xDrive, the company's all-wheel drive system, while the 335d GT will receive that as standard. The power output for the petrol engines would range between 184PS (320i) to 326PS (340i) while the diesel mill would range from 150PS (318d) to 309PS (335d).
In the exterior, the front fog lamps now get LED treatment as standard while adaptive LED headlights are available as an option. The bumpers on both front and rear ends have been revised. The tail lights are full LED now with subtle design changes.
On the inside, changes are minimal. The switchgears have been slightly altered, and the Bluetooth connectivity comes as standard along with the BMW's latest version of navigation system.
The updated GT is set for delivery in September with prices starting from £30,405 (Rs 2,960,630) for the base variant (320i) in the United Kingdom. The car is expected to arrive on the Indian shores by end 2016 or early 2017.
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 47.7 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block