2016 BMW 520d M Sport launched in India at Rs 54 lakh
BMW India has launched the 520d M Sport at Rs 54 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India. BMW is offering the M Sport as the top-spec variant of the 5 Series and there are three colours to choose from - Alpine White, Carbon Black and Mediterranean Blue. The upholstery is offered in four different leather trims. There arent any other changes on the inside.
On the outside though, BMW have added 18-inch M alloy wheels, diffusor in a new colour, dark chrome exhaust pipe finishers, side skirts and M badging. Powering the BMW 520d M Sport is the same 1995cc engine which delivers 190PS/400NM and claims to accelerate from 0-100kmph in 7.7s. The claimed top speed is 233kmph. The 8-speed Steptronic transmission gets paddle shifters behind the wheel. BMW claims an efficiency of 18.12kmpl from the 520d M Sport.
BMW offers six airbags, rear view camera, park distance control, hill descent control, Dynamic Stability Control and various other safety features. Currently BMW assembles the 520d and 530d variants at its Chennai facility while the 520i is a CBU. The diesel engines are assembled by Force Motors for BMW in Chennai.
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India