2016 British Rally Championship: Amittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik all set for Round 1
Amittrajit Ghosh and Ashwin Naik will be the first Indian team to take part in the British Rally Championship. The first round of the 2016 British Rally Championship, which will have 143 teams competing, will be held from March 5-6 and the winner of the event will score 25 points towards the championship.
The first round or the Mid Wales Stages as it's called, will take competitors through around 110km of some of the classic Wales Rally GB stages like Myherin, Hafren and Pike's Peak. The first two stages, which will begin on Saturday evening measure around 40km each. The third stage, which is close to 70km long, will take place in broad daylight on Sunday.
Ghosh, who is from Kolkata, won the 2013 Indian National Rally Championship, and has also won the 2007 MRF Racing Championship and two Mughal Rallies. Ashwin Naik, from Mangalore, too has a sizeable list of victories as a co-driver. These include titles in the Xtreme categories of the Raid de Himalaya, Desert Storm and the 2013 Malaysian Rally.
The Indian team will be driving a Ford Fiesta powered by a 1.0-litre three cylinder EcoBoost engine mated to a five-speed sequential gearbox. The car is also equipped with adjustable Reiger dampers and Eibach springs.
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser