2016 Chevrolet Beat launched in India at Rs 4.28 lakh
General Motors India has introduced the 2016 Chevrolet Beat which gets a few more features and additional safety equipment. Chevrolet has priced the new range from Rs 4.28 to Rs 5.55 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Additionally the top trim now gets a LTZ nomenclature.
On the outside, the clear glass headlamps get black accents, fog lamps with chrome surrounds and a newly designed rear spoiler with LED inserts and a new dual-tone rear bumper with reflectors. The tail lamps now get a combination of colored and clear glass.
On the inside, select variants of the Beat get steering-mounted audio controls, get remote keyless entry with a foldable key, a height-adjustable driver seat and silver interior highlights.
On the safety front, the LT trims will now come equipped with a driver airbag while the top LTZ variant comes with front dual air bags, ABS and EBD.
"The Chevrolet Beat, one of GM India's best-selling models, raises the bar in the country's fast-growing compact car segment. The refreshed features complement the already distinguished styling elements in its segment, providing even more value to our customers," said Hardeep Brar, Vice President Sales, General Motors India.
There are no mechanical changes and the 2016 Beat retains the same 1.2-litre, four-cylinder petrol and a 1.0-litre three-cylinder diesel engines. The petrol engine is good for 77.9PS and 106.5Nm of torque. The diesel unit generates 57.1PS of power and 142.5Nm of torque.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased