2016 Chevrolet Beat launched in India at Rs 4.28 lakh
General Motors India has introduced the 2016 Chevrolet Beat which gets a few more features and additional safety equipment. Chevrolet has priced the new range from Rs 4.28 to Rs 5.55 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Additionally the top trim now gets a LTZ nomenclature.
On the outside, the clear glass headlamps get black accents, fog lamps with chrome surrounds and a newly designed rear spoiler with LED inserts and a new dual-tone rear bumper with reflectors. The tail lamps now get a combination of colored and clear glass.
On the inside, select variants of the Beat get steering-mounted audio controls, get remote keyless entry with a foldable key, a height-adjustable driver seat and silver interior highlights.
On the safety front, the LT trims will now come equipped with a driver airbag while the top LTZ variant comes with front dual air bags, ABS and EBD.
"The Chevrolet Beat, one of GM India's best-selling models, raises the bar in the country's fast-growing compact car segment. The refreshed features complement the already distinguished styling elements in its segment, providing even more value to our customers," said Hardeep Brar, Vice President Sales, General Motors India.
There are no mechanical changes and the 2016 Beat retains the same 1.2-litre, four-cylinder petrol and a 1.0-litre three-cylinder diesel engines. The petrol engine is good for 77.9PS and 106.5Nm of torque. The diesel unit generates 57.1PS of power and 142.5Nm of torque.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907