2016 Chevrolet Beat teased, global unveil on April 2, 2015
General Motors has dropped a teaser image of the upcoming 2016 Chevrolet Beat, better known to the global market as the Spark. Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken for a Hyundai product.
Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken as a Hyundai product
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on the Opel Karl/Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show. The new Beat bears a strong resemblance to the Karl with similar creases on the side. But in typical Beat fashion, the rear door handles will be mounted near the C-pillar, unlike the conventional placement for the Opel/Vauxhall hatch.
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on this, the Opel Karl / Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show
Like the Karl, the new Spark/Beat too will use a 1.0-litre Ecotec petrol engine putting out about 75PS of power. For the India-spec version though, we expect the Beat to continue with the 1.2-litre petrol and 936cc diesel engine options. The new Spark/Beat will make its debut on April 2, 2015 and will be displayed at the Seoul and New York motor shows, but the India-spec model could still be a year away. We expect to see the 2016 Chevrolet Beat at the 2016 Auto Expo in India which gets underway in February next year.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production