2016 Chevrolet Beat teased, global unveil on April 2, 2015
General Motors has dropped a teaser image of the upcoming 2016 Chevrolet Beat, better known to the global market as the Spark. Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken for a Hyundai product.
Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken as a Hyundai product
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on the Opel Karl/Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show. The new Beat bears a strong resemblance to the Karl with similar creases on the side. But in typical Beat fashion, the rear door handles will be mounted near the C-pillar, unlike the conventional placement for the Opel/Vauxhall hatch.
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on this, the Opel Karl / Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show
Like the Karl, the new Spark/Beat too will use a 1.0-litre Ecotec petrol engine putting out about 75PS of power. For the India-spec version though, we expect the Beat to continue with the 1.2-litre petrol and 936cc diesel engine options. The new Spark/Beat will make its debut on April 2, 2015 and will be displayed at the Seoul and New York motor shows, but the India-spec model could still be a year away. We expect to see the 2016 Chevrolet Beat at the 2016 Auto Expo in India which gets underway in February next year.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta variant gets Smartplay Studio infotainment, priced at Rs 5.97 lakh
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BSVI petrol launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.39 lakh
- OpinionOn wildlife on highways
- NewsNext generation Mahindra Thar expected to be unveiled in India on August 15