2016 Chevrolet Beat teased, global unveil on April 2, 2015
General Motors has dropped a teaser image of the upcoming 2016 Chevrolet Beat, better known to the global market as the Spark. Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken for a Hyundai product.
Compared to the current model, the new Beat in the teaser wears a more aggressive design with swept-back headlights that can be easily mistaken as a Hyundai product
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on the Opel Karl/Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show. The new Beat bears a strong resemblance to the Karl with similar creases on the side. But in typical Beat fashion, the rear door handles will be mounted near the C-pillar, unlike the conventional placement for the Opel/Vauxhall hatch.
The next-generation Chevy Beat is based on this, the Opel Karl / Vauxhall Vivo that was shown recently at the Geneva Motor Show
Like the Karl, the new Spark/Beat too will use a 1.0-litre Ecotec petrol engine putting out about 75PS of power. For the India-spec version though, we expect the Beat to continue with the 1.2-litre petrol and 936cc diesel engine options. The new Spark/Beat will make its debut on April 2, 2015 and will be displayed at the Seoul and New York motor shows, but the India-spec model could still be a year away. We expect to see the 2016 Chevrolet Beat at the 2016 Auto Expo in India which gets underway in February next year.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November