2016 Chevrolet Cruze launched in India at Rs 14.81 lakh
Chevrolet has launched the new Cruze in India at Rs 14.81 lakh, ex-Delhi. Changes include a revision in styling and more features inside including the MyLink infotainment system, also seen on the flagship Trailblazer SUV.
The 2016 Chevrolet Cruze gets a new front grille with rounded edges. The headlight unit remains the same; however, this one also gets LED daytime running lamps affixed on the chrome fog lamp surround. Other changes include skirts on the front bumper and an integrated spoiler lip on the boot.
TheMyLink unit offers applications such as Stitcher SmartRadio (internet radio streaming), Siri compatibility with an iPhone/iPad, voice recognition control and controls for the AC. The new multi-function steering wheel offers controls for operating the infotainment system, cruise control and bluetooth telephony.
"The 2016 Chevrolet Cruze redefines the premium executive sedan with striking new styling and added features along with the most powerful diesel engine in its segment. Since its launch, Cruze continues to be one of the largest-selling Chevrolet nameplates selling over 3.5 million units globally," said Kaher Kazem, president and managing director, General Motors India.
"The refreshed style and design structure of the new Cruze leaves a lasting impression with its bold and dynamic form, aggressive stance and connectivity that adds enhanced convenience for our customers," he added.
The engine of the new Chevrolet Cruze has not been tinkered with and still makes 166PS of power and 380Nm of torque. The 2.0-litre VCDi motor is offered with a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic transmission unit. Chevrolet claims that the automatic and manual variants of new Cruze deliver 14.81kmpl and 17.9kmpl respectively.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018