2016 Chevrolet Cruze launched in India at Rs 14.81 lakh
Chevrolet has launched the new Cruze in India at Rs 14.81 lakh, ex-Delhi. Changes include a revision in styling and more features inside including the MyLink infotainment system, also seen on the flagship Trailblazer SUV.
The 2016 Chevrolet Cruze gets a new front grille with rounded edges. The headlight unit remains the same; however, this one also gets LED daytime running lamps affixed on the chrome fog lamp surround. Other changes include skirts on the front bumper and an integrated spoiler lip on the boot.
TheMyLink unit offers applications such as Stitcher SmartRadio (internet radio streaming), Siri compatibility with an iPhone/iPad, voice recognition control and controls for the AC. The new multi-function steering wheel offers controls for operating the infotainment system, cruise control and bluetooth telephony.
"The 2016 Chevrolet Cruze redefines the premium executive sedan with striking new styling and added features along with the most powerful diesel engine in its segment. Since its launch, Cruze continues to be one of the largest-selling Chevrolet nameplates selling over 3.5 million units globally," said Kaher Kazem, president and managing director, General Motors India.
"The refreshed style and design structure of the new Cruze leaves a lasting impression with its bold and dynamic form, aggressive stance and connectivity that adds enhanced convenience for our customers," he added.
The engine of the new Chevrolet Cruze has not been tinkered with and still makes 166PS of power and 380Nm of torque. The 2.0-litre VCDi motor is offered with a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic transmission unit. Chevrolet claims that the automatic and manual variants of new Cruze deliver 14.81kmpl and 17.9kmpl respectively.
More from OVERDRIVE on the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907