2016 CNBC-TV18 OVERDRIVE Hall of Fame: Vehicle Factory Jabalpur
The Vehicle Factory at Jabalpur was established in 1969 and for the past 46 years, it has supplied the vehicles that keeps our armed forces mobile and safe. Well over 20 different vehicles have been developed and manufactured at the VFJ including the venerable Jonga, Shaktiman and today's Stallion truck.
The VFJ has developed a variety of vehicles in its past including Aditya, India's first mine-protected vehicle, bullet proof vehicles, ambulances, army spec fuel tankers. VFJ works closely with both of India's largest commercial vehicle manufacturers Tata and Ashok Leyland. It also has a dedicated R&D facility that helps develop specialist role-oriented vehicles for the Indian army. A state of the art production centre today, the VFJ plays a huge role in our country's defence services and we are honoured to induct it into our Hall of Fame.
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019