2016 Defexpo India: Ashok Leyland unveils FAT 6X6 and Rhino 4X4
Ashok Leyland has unveiled four products at the ongoing 2016 Defexpo India. It has unveiled an all-terrain truck driving simulator, a Field Artillery Tractor (FAT) 6X6 based on the Super Stallion, the Rhino 4X4 and the Ambulance 4X4. The 9th edition of the Defexpo is being organised from March 28-31 at Goa.
The truck driving simulator has been co-developed with SAAB and simulates varied types of terrain and weather conditions. It even allows the integration of multiple simulators for group training like driving in a convoy.
The Field Artillery Tractor (FAT) 6X6 is built on the Super Stallion platform and functions as a common tower for all artillery guns. Recently, the Indian Army had placed orders of over 450 Super Stallion-based vehicles with the company.
The Rhino 4X4 comes equipped with automatic transmission, high ground clearance, step climbing capability, ABS and provision for HVAC along with other features.
The Ambulance 4X4 gets a double walled insulated body which the company says maintains inside temperature and the rear air suspension ensures a smooth ride over broken roads. Ashok Leyland says it has received orders for 825 vehicles in 4X4 and 4X2 configurations.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased