2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Aabhishek Mishra continues to lead Xtreme category after Leg 2
Aabishek Mishra (co-driver PV Srinivas Murthy) continued to hold the lead in the Xtreme category after Leg 2 of the 2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm which ended yesterday. Meanwhile, Suresh Rana (co-driver Ashwin Naik) and Amanpreet Ahluwalia (co-driver Virender Kashyap) are still at second and third place respectively with around 15 minutes between them. In the Moto category, CS Santosh is first while Aravind KP managed to get ahead of Jes David to take second. Tsering Lakhpa, who was racing for Team Polaris in his RZR 1000 had to retire from the rally after his vehicle went up in flames in an early section of the stage.
Leg 3 of rally hosted just one Special Stage which started and ended close to Bikaner after a 185.94km loop through the desert. Leg 4 will host three Special Stages, and ends in Jaisalmer. The first of these (SS 4) is a night stage which began at 3.30am just outside Bikaner. By the end of SS 5, Rana has managed to close the gap from the leader and was right behind him. CS Santosh meanwhile seemed to hold a comfortable lead at the end it.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids