2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Aabishek Mishra holds the lead in Xtreme Category after Leg 1
Aabishek Mishra (co-driver PV Srinivas Murthy) holds the lead in the Xtreme category with a total time of 1:17.27s after Leg 1 of the 2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm. Suresh Rana (co-driver Ashwin Naik) stands at second with 1:22.38s while Amanpreet Ahluwalia (co-driver Virender Kashyap) is third with 1:26.35s. In the Moto category, CS Santosh came out on top with 1:24.28s on the clock, while Jes David managed to finish the leg in second place at 1:26.12s. This leg, which started from Hanumangarh, consisted of two competitive stages which spanned 58.23km and 23.81km, and ended at Bikaner.
The second leg of the 2016 Desert Storm will host just one SS. This will be the longest competitive stage in this rally, covering a total distance of 185.94km. This leg begins at Bikaner, heads toward a village called Sadolai before heading back toward Bikaner.
Images by Ishaan Bhataiya
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids