2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: CS Santosh extends lead in Moto category to 44 minutes after Leg 3 and 4
CS Santosh managed to extend his lead in the Moto Category to around 44 minutes after Leg 3 and 4 of the 2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm. TVS Racing's Aravind KP is at second place with a total time of 7:32.12s, while Sanjay Kumar is in third place with 8:06.08s. Jes David meanwhile, went from third to fifth after a slow Leg 4.
In the Xtreme category, Aabhishek Mishra (co-driver PV Srinivas Murthy) continues to hold his lead, with a total time of 8:17:24s, while Suresh Rana (co-driver Ashwin Naik) managed to close the gap by around six minutes after these two legs with a time of 8:27.55s. Amanpreet Ahluwalia (co-driver Virender Kashyap), who is in third, fell further behind by close to 60 minutes.
CS Santosh extends his lead in the Moto category of the 2016 Desert Storm after Leg 4 of the event
Leg 3 held the first night stage of the rally, in which only the participants of the Xtreme category competed. The stage went live at 3.30am and crossed 41.09km through the desert with quite a few people losing their way every now and then.
The next two stages, which spanned 64.74km and 50.71km, were harder surfaces, which allowed for more speed. Leg 4 hosted just one Special Stage just outside Jaisalmer, where the larger sand dunes had begun. Leg 5 is split into two parts with a and b with two stages in each. The first two stages will be held during the day, while the next two will be night stages, which end at around 4.30am.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10