2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Suresh Rana takes the lead in Xtreme Category after Leg 5
Suresh Rana (co-driver Ashwin Naik) took the lead in the Xtreme category of the 2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm after Aabishek Mishra (co-driver PV Srinivas Murthy) rolled his car in the second stage of Leg 5A.
Aabhishek Mishra rolled his Vitara while in the lead of the Desert Storm. Suresh Rana now leads the event in the Xtreme Category
Rana is now 69 minutes ahead of Amanpreet Ahuwalia (co-driver Virender Kashyap) who is now in second with 13:23.58s. Third in the Xtreme category is Niju Padia (co-driver Nirav Mehta) with a time of 13:42.34s.
Meanwhile, in the Moto category, CS Santosh lost a significant amount of his 44-minute lead after the second night stage in Leg 5B. He is now only seven minutes ahead of Aravind KP, with a time of 10:50.22s. R Nataraj has made his way to third with 11:52.37s, pushing Sanjay Kumar M to fourth.
Today is the final leg of the 2016 Desert Storm, which will take participants from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur. The first competitive stage measuring 41.19km, starts close to 70km from Jaisalmer, while the second stage has been cancelled.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids