2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Suresh Rana wins the Xtreme Category with a 70-minute lead
After six days of rallying the 2016 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm, Suresh Rana (co-driver Ashwin Naik) and CS Santosh emerged as the winners of the Xtreme and Moto categories, respectively.
Rana finished the rally with a total time of 12:52.03s while Amanpreet Ahuwalia (co-driver Virender Kashyap) and Niju Padia (co-driver Nirav Mehta) finished second and third. Aabhishek Mishra (co-driver PV Srinivas Murthy) was leading the Xtreme category until he rolled his car in Leg 5 and retired from the rally.
In the Moto category Santosh finished with a time of 11:19.28s on the clock while Aravind KP (11:28.06s) and R Nataraj (12:25.30s) finished second and third. Santosh lost 37 minutes of his 44-minute lead after receiving a 60 minute penalty for missing a passage control section in the second night stage of Leg 5b. However, a seven-minute gap was too much for Aravind to close in the one stage that was held in Leg 6 yesterday.
Meanwhile, winning the Ndure and Xplore TSD categories were SK Ajgar Ali (co-driver MK Mohammed Musthafa) and Pratap (co-driver T Nagarajan) respectively.
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review