2016 Detroit Motor Show: Buick Avista concept revealed
Buick has revealed the Avista, a rear-wheel drive 2+2 coupe at the Detroit Auto Show 2016. The Avista concept gives showgoers an insight into Buick's future design philosophy for production models. It also gives a glimpse of Buick's performance roots.
The Buick Avista Concept is powered by a 3.0-litre, turbocharged V6 engine that is good for 400PS. The power gets sent to the rear wheels via an eight-speed automatic gearbox. It also gets cylinder deactivation and start/stop technology. The suspension gets magnetically controlled dampers which are faster than conventional dampers at responding to road imperfections and body movement.
The Avista's styling holds resemblance to the design of the Avenir concept which was carried into production on the 2017 BuickLaCrosse. A Superior Blue foundation color echoes the exterior and is complemented with Mist Gray leather seating inserts,console trim and door trim. The car rides on 20-inch aluminium wheels with color-toned accents that match the car's Dark Sapphire Jewel exterior colour.
On the inside, the cockpit gets a driver-focused design with a touchscreen infotainment system, 3D printed trim and the Electronic Precision Shift transmission lever which was first revealed on the LaCrosse production saloon.
"There is elegant simplicity in the Avista's surfaces, which speak to the purity of the car's performance, and a timeless beauty that's a hallmark of Buick design. It was designed to capture the spirit of the perfect drive," said Bryan Nesbitt, executive director, Global Buick Design.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show