2016 Detroit Motor Show: Buick Avista concept revealed
Buick has revealed the Avista, a rear-wheel drive 2+2 coupe at the Detroit Auto Show 2016. The Avista concept gives showgoers an insight into Buick's future design philosophy for production models. It also gives a glimpse of Buick's performance roots.
The Buick Avista Concept is powered by a 3.0-litre, turbocharged V6 engine that is good for 400PS. The power gets sent to the rear wheels via an eight-speed automatic gearbox. It also gets cylinder deactivation and start/stop technology. The suspension gets magnetically controlled dampers which are faster than conventional dampers at responding to road imperfections and body movement.
The Avista's styling holds resemblance to the design of the Avenir concept which was carried into production on the 2017 BuickLaCrosse. A Superior Blue foundation color echoes the exterior and is complemented with Mist Gray leather seating inserts,console trim and door trim. The car rides on 20-inch aluminium wheels with color-toned accents that match the car's Dark Sapphire Jewel exterior colour.
On the inside, the cockpit gets a driver-focused design with a touchscreen infotainment system, 3D printed trim and the Electronic Precision Shift transmission lever which was first revealed on the LaCrosse production saloon.
"There is elegant simplicity in the Avista's surfaces, which speak to the purity of the car's performance, and a timeless beauty that's a hallmark of Buick design. It was designed to capture the spirit of the perfect drive," said Bryan Nesbitt, executive director, Global Buick Design.
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800