2016 Detroit Motor Show: Ford Fusion V6 Sport unveiled
Ford has showcased the Fusion V6 Sport, a high-performance version of the stock car, at the 2016 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). The new Ford Fusion V6 Sport comes with an all-wheel drivetrain powered by a twin-turbocharged V6 engine. Ford proudly proclaims that the Fusion V6 Sport will, "leave other family sedans -- including the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry -- in the dust." Ford also says that the Fusion V6 Sport out-powers the 2016 BMW 340.
The Ford Fusion V6 Sport gets a 2.7-litre EcoBoost motor that makes 325PS and 475Nm of torque. These numbers are far more than that of the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. The real-time suspension tuning system adjusts the damping levels according to the condition of the road. This system detects potholes and accordingly adjusts the shock absorbers to reduce the impact transmitted to the cabin.
The design of the Ford Fusion V6 Sport complements its performance with an aggressive exterior. The air intakes have a larger and deeper area and are finished with a gloss black-finish mesh grille. It also gets neat 19-inch wheels to go with the package. The rear profile of the new Ford Fusion V6 Sport features a sleek looking spoiler and dual exhaust outlets.
The Ford Fusion V6 Sport also happens to be the first car from Ford in North America to feature a pedestrian detection system. It also features hands-free parallel and perpendicular parking and Sync 3. In addition to the Fusion V6 Sport, Ford also showcased the Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi, and Fusion Platinum at the 2016 Detroit Motor Show.
"Fusion offers people a lot more in the car including helpful technology, beautiful design and a more rewarding driving experience compared to other midsize sedans," said Raj Nair, Ford's executive vice president and chief technical officer of Global Product Development.
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show