2016 Detroit Motor Show: Nissan Titan Warrior Concept revealed
Nissan has revealed the Titan Warrior Concept at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show. Based on the new 2016 Titan XD, the Titan Warrior Concept uses the same ladder frame and Cummins sourced 5.0-litre V8 turbo diesel engine and the standard six-speed Aisin automatic transmission. In comparison to the standard Titan XD, the concept is almost three inches taller, around six inches wider and rides on huge 37-inch off-road tyres. However, it retains the Titan XD Crew Cab's standard wheelbase and length.
Unlike the production version, the Warrior Concept gets a custom suspension. At the front, it gets custom upper and lower control arm with performance ball joints, along with internal bypass reservoir coil-over shocks with custom reservoir mounts and tie-rod extensions. The rear suspension too gets internal bypass reservoir shocks with custom reservoir mounts, lift blocks and new anti-roll bars.
On the styling front, the Nissan Titan Warrior Concept gets a custom lower fascia with a skid plate, LED headlights and wide fenders with gloss-black flares and integrated side-marker lights. On top, there's roof-mounted low-profile LED off-road lights (six per side), and a spoiler is integrated into the rear of the cab. The hood features functional air vents and flows into the all-black grille. The redesigned rear bumper incorporates quad exhaust outlets. The tailgate has been restyled too and gets a large black trim panel and is topped by another spoiler.
On the inside, it gets black cloth-and-leather seats with orange accents, machined-aluminum steering-wheel spokes, a trio of auxiliary gauges atop the center dash and a center console with heated and cooled cupholders.
"Truck buyers have a seemingly insatiable appetite for more content and more unique offerings. Even though our all-new 2016 TITAN XD just started arriving at Nissan dealers nationwide last month, we are already exploring new territory where TITAN might go in the future," said José Muñoz, executive vice president, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. and chairman, Nissan North America, Inc.
The Titan Warrior Concept builds up on the Project Titan, a crowd-sourced customization of an original-generation Titan that sent two U.S. military veterans representing Wounded Warrior Project® on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure in Alaska. The new concept truck also pays homage to Nissan's heritage of off-road racing and adventuring, which goes back to the days of Baja Hardbody competition pickups and Paris-Dakar Rally treks.
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907