2016 Detroit Motor Show: Volvo XC90 is North American Truck of the Year
The Volvo XC90 has won the North American Truck of the Year 2016 Award. This award is among one of few in North America whose winner is selected by a jury of independent automotive journalists. The 2016 jury comprised of 53 journalists from the United States and Canada. The jury singled out the XC90 for its blend of innovative technology, comfort and driving dynamics and its design.
"We are absolutely thrilled that the XC90 has won this prestigious and most respected award and there is a lot more to come. By 2019 Volvo will have a totally renewed product portfolio. By then the all-new XC90 will be the oldest car in the showroom." said Lex Kerssemakers, president and CEO of Volvo Car USA.
The XC90, globally is available in three trims, however, India doesn't get the basic Kinetic version. It is available in Momentum and Inscription trims with both being powered by the D5 engine. This 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine makes 225PS of power and 470Nm of torque. It comes mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission with power being sent to all wheels.
The Inscription trim gets ventilated leather seats, heated front and rear seats, power folding rear headrests, a Bower and Wilkins music system and a graphical head up display along with Nappa leather interiors, 'bright' roof-rails and dual tail-pipes.
Starts Rs 71.97 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018