2016 Detroit Motor Show: Volvo XC90 is North American Truck of the Year
The Volvo XC90 has won the North American Truck of the Year 2016 Award. This award is among one of few in North America whose winner is selected by a jury of independent automotive journalists. The 2016 jury comprised of 53 journalists from the United States and Canada. The jury singled out the XC90 for its blend of innovative technology, comfort and driving dynamics and its design.
"We are absolutely thrilled that the XC90 has won this prestigious and most respected award and there is a lot more to come. By 2019 Volvo will have a totally renewed product portfolio. By then the all-new XC90 will be the oldest car in the showroom." said Lex Kerssemakers, president and CEO of Volvo Car USA.
The XC90, globally is available in three trims, however, India doesn't get the basic Kinetic version. It is available in Momentum and Inscription trims with both being powered by the D5 engine. This 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel engine makes 225PS of power and 470Nm of torque. It comes mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission with power being sent to all wheels.
The Inscription trim gets ventilated leather seats, heated front and rear seats, power folding rear headrests, a Bower and Wilkins music system and a graphical head up display along with Nappa leather interiors, 'bright' roof-rails and dual tail-pipes.
Starts Rs 77.41 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907